Are you someone who has the desire to have your own business and wants freedom from the daily grind of a corporate job? If your answer is yes then internet marketing can be a great idea for you.
Honestly it’s not that easy to get started because just like any other businesses you can run into a lot of failures initially than successes. But on the flip side it can really provide a great source of supplemental income.
Let’s take a look at my 3 internet marketing tips that should help you get started.
1. Product Ideas
The good thing about internet marketing is that you don’t have to initially create your own products. It’s an option but why put a burden on yourself when you can choose existing products that you can market as an affiliate?
So the first thing that you need to consider when starting out on internet marketing is the product or the products that you want to market.
Try to market products that you are knowledgeable about and have an interest in. This can be easily accomplished since every type of product you can think of is marketed on the internet ranging from physical products to digital products like ebooks and software.
2. Design Your Website
There are 4 things that you need to consider when designing your website:
- Getting Traffic from Search Engines – once you’ve determined the product or products that wanted to market the next thing to do is to determine how you can get traffic from search engines. What this means is that when a buyer tries to search for your product using Google or Yahoo or Bing, your site is the one that they’re going to initially find. You should do some research and find the primary keywords that are related to your product offerings that you intend to rank well for in the SERPs.
- The Type of Platform to Use in Building Your Website – when choosing the type of platform that you will use to build your website it is better to go for content management systems or CMS like WordPress because you can quickly and easily construct a functional site using this platform. A lot of people are using WordPress because there is a huge number of plug-ins available for added functionality.
- Actual Design of Your Website – once you’ve determined the platform that your like it’s time to proceed to the actual designing of your website. First you will need a logo. This will serve to market your brand and you should use it in all your correspondence including emails and sales letters. You can either create your own or pay someone who can do it for you. One of the best place to go is on Fiverr.com. You can pay for as low as $5 and you’ll have a professionally designed logo in no time.
- Copywriting – you will also be needing copy for your site that will convert users to buyers! By copy, these are the words that you will place on your website. This is no easy task, and most people will have to make a number of attempts until they come up with copy that converts well. You can learn how to write your own copy by checking out The Copywriter’s Guild HERE.
3. Drive Traffic To Your Website
Once you’ve finished setting up your website it’s time to proceed to the most important part of internet marketing and that is driving traffic to your website. If you don’t know what driving traffic to your website is, it simple means getting people to visit your website.
There are a couple of ways to do this and is categorized in free and paid. One of the popular ways to get free traffic is through search engine optimization or SEO but the downside here is that it takes time to build traffic from organic search engine results. That’s why there’s a paid option that you can utilize.
Many people use PPC or pay-per-click in order to do this. Google Adwords, Bing, Facebook, and others offer PPC options. You may also want to look into Ezines as an option to get targeted traffic. Many people even buy banners on sites that have content that is related to their products or services.
Did you get value from this post? If so, please comment below and like & share on Facebook. Research shows that good things happen to people who share this post.
19 minute movie reveals the “5-Step Formula” ALL 6-figure+ earners embrace to get leads, sign up reps, and make money from the 90% who say no to your biz opp… GUARANTEED! CLICK HERE FOR INSTANT ACCESS!