In my 27 months of experience in blogging I have found that it’s very difficult to get people to comment on your blog. I mean, it’s very difficult and frustrating.
(By the way, what I’m talking about here are genuine comments that comes from visitors that read you entire blog post and make a comment about it and not just some spam comment because if you don’t have a spam filter in your blog you’ll definitely have a lot of comments that are spam.)
There’s a lot of tip out there that teaches you how to get blog visitors to comment on your blog but honestly until you have an authority status or a loyal following you can’t get that much comment. Unless of course you’re going to follow this simple strategy that I’m about to share with you.
But before we dive into the strategy let me first tell you why having people comment on your blog is important if you’re a blogger and why I’m so fanatic about it.
- Blog comments is considered one of the ranking factors used by Goggle. Pages with lots of comments may be a signal of user-interaction and quality. (Source)
- To determine how engaging your content is, Google looks at how often users are posting comments on your website. Blog comments are also considered an update to existing content, so it is very important to make your users share their opinion. Articles with lots of comments are usually ranking better. (Source)
- The reason blog comments are important to your SEO is because once someone comments it becomes part of your content. Did you catch that? Blog comments add content to your blog! (Source)
So now you know why I’m so crazy about it.
But we’re not after my insanity here, what we’re after is to have your blog rank by having people visit your blog, read your content and leave their genuine comments.
The Art of syndication
This strategy is called syndication or forming a tribe. Basically you gather a group of bloggers and you all agree to visit each other’s blog and leave a comment on each other’s blog.
Pretty simple, right?
Well not really because I’ve tried it myself and if you’re a newbie it’s pretty hard to get people to do that. Not until a friend of mine introduced me to a Facebook group whose only purpose is to syndicate their blog post in those groups. (There are rules of course)
What’s surprising is when I started syndicating my blog posts in this group my blog ranking jumped to rank #862,775 from a previous rank of #2,777,427 in just 7 days!
Pretty impressive huh?
And it keeps going for a higher rank every single day.
Did that get you interested?
If so, here are the 2 groups that you can join to syndicate your blog post and get genuine comments on your blog and also make it rank higher.
Once you’ve been approved on those groups you have to follow a couple of rules such as:
- Go through 3 or 5 blog post (depending on the group) of each member that has posted their article on the thread.
- Read the article.
- Leave a comment. On the other group it requires you to leave a comment and then share the article on any social networking site of your preference.
- Post the link of your article on the thread and tag the people whose article you’ve already syndicated.
So that’s it, a very simple strategy to get genuine comments on your blog.
Additionally, you can also syndicate your YouTube videos and Facebook videos in one of the thread of these groups. Same rules apply. All you have to do is watch the video and do the same process of syndication.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.